Thursday, September 17, 2009

MoyaMoya Husband's First Post From The General Population...

Moyamoya husband's first post!!!!



Hello everyone! FINALLY I have been allowed communication with the outside world..the ICU nurses are very keen about issuing good feeling drugs ever 2 hours, but definitely not too cool with patients talking on cell phones, texting or tick-tacking at a computer.

So the big question I keep getting asked is: "How do you feel?" Well, amazing, I am NOT in much pain. My mild discomfort basically comes from the incision that the docs made on the left side of my head. By my estimate, I have about 10 staples in my head, and 3 little titanium plates to hold the bone together. Bionic brain! So it is all this internal and external hardware that requires Vicadine or Fentadol.

Aside from the normal passing of the “healing hours” I am told that my recovery has been going very, very well. Dr. Stienberg, my awesome brain surgeon, paid me a visit directly after my procedure yesterday. He said that the blood flow in my head BEFORE surgery had been a 1 out of 26 (which doesn’t sound that pleasing); but now, AFTER my surgery, the blood flow has increased to 26 of 30 (which sounds much, much more pleasing). I am waiting for my X-ray vision to kick in, but no dice just yet…

Ok, that’s all for now – its time for another cat nap for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I am convinced that you are an alien... I think that you are going to be levitating out of the hospital while burning things with your laser vision. No human can go through what you have been through relatively unscathed. This is why, through much research of course, I have come to the conclusion you are not from this world or are a very salty pirate... Yarrr!!! and cheers my brother!!!

    P.S. I get what you get!

    ReplyDelete